Useful FAQ’s When Comparing Double Glazing Installers
Double glazing companies have had a bad reputation over recent years so it’s always useful to know what to look for when making comparisons. If you’ve already decided that you would like new or replacement windows it is time to get some quotes to compare the costs.
Simply complete our quote form to receive three no obligation quotes from trusted double glazing installers. Once you have the quotes here are some tips to make sure you choose the best installer for your property.
- Compare the costs on a like for like basis as much as possible. Find out what is standard or what comes as an optional extra.
- Ask for addresses of properties you can visit where they have completed an installation so that you can go and see what it’s like for yourself.
- Don’t pay a large deposit or sign up on the spot. Give yourself time to compare your quotes.
- Make sure double glazing is suitable for your home. If you live in a listed building or in a conservation area you may not be allowed to change your windows. Check with your local authority if you are unsure.
- Building Regulations require new and replacement windows to have a certain level of efficiency. FENSA, Certass or BM Trada registered installers will be able to issue a certificate to prove your windows comply with the rules.
- The Window Energy Rating requirement for building regulations is C. Anything from A-C is a good standard and you won’t notice a massive difference in energy efficiency.
- Be very wary of companies that start with a very high price, ring a manager and keep reducing the price.
By using our pre-vetted installers you can be sure of having quotes from trustworthy firms. This doesn’t change your rights and you should still take reasonable care when you choose an installer. We have simply sorted the wood from the trees so to speak.
For your three, no obligation quotes simply complete the quote form.